Import Merchandiser Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Import Merchandiser to join our team.
- Managing the critical path and ensuring deliveries are on schedule;
- Accurately update the PLM system with delivery and shipping information;
- Ensure all relevant colleagues in the different warehouse are made aware of any delays and discrepancies with the shipping;
- Informing them of customer feedback an amendment with samples;
- Manage the critical path and co-ordinate the sample process with the factories in the Far East and ensure orders are delivered on time;
- Liaise with the other in-house teams to meet customers’ specific requirements;
- Work closely with the design team and account managers to develop products in line with key trends and customer needs;
- Get samples and lab dips approved;
- Liaising with the factories in the Far East;
- Manage costings with freight forwarders;
- Reporting into the Shipping Manager with any queries and updates;
- Liaising with the factories in the Far East Raising purchase orders;
- Chasing upcoming samples.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft suite, including Word and Excel;
- Attention to detail;
- Read reports and interpret the data;
- Knowledge and experience of shipping documentation, ATR’s, BL’s;
- Able to travel to factories outside the UK multiple times a year;
- Basic knowledge of Incoterms and financial documents;
- Working knowledge of garment production required;
- Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills.