2nd Line IT Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 2nd Line IT Technician to join our team.
- To follow and develop ITIL/FITS based processes for Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management;
- Implement and manage a Configuration Management Database to assist with change requests, minimising disruption to the service;
- Work with third parties as required for new installations, upgrades or escalations;
- Full UK driving license and own vehicle required to travel between sites;
- To ensure full compliance with internal helpdesk policies;
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to identify any SLA failures and implement processes to prevent future re-occurrence;
- Managing software updates to ensure systems are secure and supported.
- Management and deployment of software images through SCCM;
- Experience of a tier 1 antivirus solution in a networked environment;
- HP networking (LAN & Aruba WLAN);
- Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS & NPS;
- At least two years’ experience managing Microsoft Office 365;
- Excellent customer relation skills;
- Practical knowledge of configuring and managing network infrastructure;
- At least three years’ experience managing VMware;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of a network monitoring solution to proactively monitor key systems and service.