Python Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Python Software Engineer to join our team.
- Design, implement and test new functionality in our software products to meet the goals of the company;
- Ensure high standards of quality by troubleshooting, maintaining and updating existing software;
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes and procedures;
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of projects both existing and upcoming;
- Create services and applications utilizing various programming languages;
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects;
- Provide direct support to the team’s development’s efforts, as and when requested;
- Work in a small, agile team;
- Identify production and non-production application issues.
- Some database and SQL knowledge, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL, Post GIS;
- Knowledge of GeoServer or GIS services would be beneficial;
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL;
- Experience working with a JIRA bug-tracker;
- Strong Python with Django;
- JSON, REST, SOAP and RESTful Services and API’s;
- RabbitMQ and Redis experience;
- Linux/Unix knowledge (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora);
- Jenkins, CI integration.