Release Engineer I is responsible for software builds and releases. Responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking. Being a Release Engineer I works closely with a quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Release Engineer I work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. To be a Release Engineer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Release Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Release Engineer to join our team.
- Create WERS alerts and track status;
- Maintain and manage complexity lists and tracking of changes;
- Responsible for the release of EDS harnesses and components into customer systems;
- Define, check and implement complex WERS coding to ensure wiring harness usages support the program and prototype and production vehicle builds;
- Track changes and open issues to resolution;
- Assist the design team to establishing complexity lists;
- Review and analyse customer product direction documents (PDL, TIB, etc) for EDS content;
- Work closely with the internal project team and customer;
- Enter part information into WERS system;
- Create concerns and track to completion to support program timing.
- Good knowledge of JIRA (ideally) or other bug-tracking systems;
- Ability to integrate different systems;
- Knowledge of Version Control systems, ideally Git;
- Working knowledge of build tools including ant, maven, grunt, gradle, xcodebuild, xctool, fastlane is desirable;
- Basic knowledge of coding (Java is preferable);
- Some experience of administering modern CI environments (ideally TeamCity);
- Basic knowledge of Docker and some tools for managing infrastructure (Chef/Puppet/Ansible) is desirable.