sql dba Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a sql dba to join our team.
- Assisting with third level support issues as and when required via the Service Desk;
- Provide 3rd line database support;
- Maintaining support for Managed Clients, responding to tickets and support functions;
- Assist with covering in hours support as needed.
- Experience with T-SQL;
- Strong hands on experience with underlying infrastructure e.g. Windows Server;
- Experience/knowledge of Microsoft Azure and cloud data architecture;
- Experienced in SQL Server 2012 and above in a high-availability environment;
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigative skills;
- Experience with AWS (desirable);
- Knowledge of ITIL principles;
- Exposure to ETL and Reporting technologies (SSIS and SSRS);
- Experience with Backups and restorations;
- Experience using various versions of SQL;
- 5+ years’ hands experience as an SQL DBA with SQL Server 2012 and more recent releases in a production and data centre setting;
- Windows server 2003 onwards;
- Experience creating SOPs;
- Strong communications and customer facing skills essential;
- Azure Devops / Git / TFS.