3rd Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 3rd Engineer to join our team.
- Keep good open communications with the deck officer on watch;
- Be able to operate the yachts Jacuzzi and swimming pool equipment which is also under his charge;
- Perform an efficient and accurate watch handover at the end of his duty period;
- Perform stock inventory checks for his equipment and make requisitions for needed spares which can be presented to the Chief engineer for ordering;
- Take instructions from the Second Engineer for the efficient operation of the Engine room in the Chief Engineers absence;
- Report defects and problems in the engine room to the Second and Chief engineer in a timely fashion;
- Perform other duties as assigned by management;
- Understand all the yachts systems and be able to operate all the equipment effectively and efficiently in the engine room;
- Be able to take over the fourth Engineer role should it become operationally necessary;
- Be aware and able to complete the correct forms and follow the correct procedures to allow hot work during his watch;
- Be able during his watch to monitor and adjust when required the Chilled water temperature;
- Understand the correct use of MSDS sheets;
- Completed and filed the company engine room Familiarization form;
- Primarily run a safe and efficient engine room watch;
- Perform an efficient and accurate handover at the end of his watch period.
- STCW AFF;
- STCW CPSC;
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training;
- STCW Crisis Management & Human Behavior;
- Certificate of Competency suitable to the rank and yacht;
- Must have good communication skills in English and also the ability to relate to guests and employees at all levels and all departments.