Media Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Media Analyst to join our team.
- Generating ad hoc reports – providing data analysis to answer specific client questions;
- Geodemographic profiling (Experian Mosaic);
- Analysing results and summarising complex points using simple visuals;
- Follow modelling approaches for the purpose of media attribution (under guidance of Data Scientist);
- Work closely with media and strategy teams to identify new opportunities to improve media performance through insight and analysis;
- Support the wider agency in analytics and data best practice or queries;
- Preparing results presentations for data projects;
- Collating and formatting data from a range of sources;
- Building prototype dashboards for visual storytelling of data in PowerBI;
- Converting prototype dashboards into stable reporting solutions using SQL;
- Executing simple coding scripts;
- Liaise with internal teams to make sure upload process is adhered to;
- Quality control incoming data sources.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree or above in a numerical / analytical subject;
- Relishes problem-solving and is a proactive self-starter;
- Experience within a coding environment (at least one of R/SQL/M/DAX or other coding systems/languages);
- Knowledge of the media industry – planning/analysis (desirable);
- 6 months minimum experience within a Data Analytics role;
- As the reports will focus on digital media, someone with any experience or knowledge of the sector would be a real bonus;
- Works well under pressure and can balance multiple workstreams;
- Exceptional Excel skills – including formulas (V-Lookups, SUMIF, Concatenate), pivot tables, macros, web queries, slicer / timeline filters;
- Someone who enjoys technical elements but can communicate complex things in simplistic terms.