PI Underwriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PI Underwriter to join our team.
- Maintain new and existing broker relationships;
- Underwrite business in accordance with underwriting requirements and within agreed binder parameters;
- Underwrite business within set guidelines and binder parameters;
- Dealing with general queries from clients and brokers;
- Identify new opportunities for underwriting portfolio growth;
- Maintain and expand broker relationships;
- Underwriting risks within given authority and refer risks outside of authority;
- Building relationships with brokers;
- Assisting with training sessions and other ad hoc activities.
- Strong customer service experience;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Proven effectiveness with networking and communication;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Minimum 3 years experience underwriting Professional Indemnity;
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in a similar role (PI);
- Minimum 4 to 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Cross class skills in General Liabilities , Management Liability or Property would be advantageous.