Oracle Database Administrator administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s Oracle database. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves Oracle database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Being an Oracle Database Administrator may require a bachelor’s degree in a related area or in a related area. Typically reports to a manager. To be an Oracle Database Administrator typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Oracle Database Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Oracle Database Administrator to join our team.
- Taking responsibility for the documentation and recording of work;
- Prioritising faults and requests to meet customer demands and SLAs;
- Carrying out duties as directed by the IT Manager;
- Representing us in a technical role in discussion with clients;
- Providing proactive Oracle DBA support for our clients;
- Participating in a 24/7 roster system;
- Working within a Quality Management System;
- Attending client sites as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience;
- Accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across the technology stack;
- Excellent oral, report writing and written communication skills;
- Maintain support for managed clients, responding to tickets and support functions;
- Experienced of working in ITIL controlled environment;
- Substantial technical experience across Computing and Infrastructure industry;
- Strong communication skills, working across technical teams including technical 3rd parties and senior managers;
- Work with clients and delivery partners to help define and deliver high impact solutions based on Oracle platforms;
- Proven problem resolution skills through technology;
- Recent experience of Oracle 12.1 RAC on RHEL 6, with TDE and Data Vault;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Experience with implementing database solutions in enterprise level Data Centres;
- A high level of technical ability, having an understanding of and an ability to implement internal system standards, procedures and services;
- Ability to identify, quantify and resolve technical problems.