Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
Web Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Web Developer to join our team.
- Create new Shopify and WordPress templates;
- Manage multiple projects and maintain deadlines;
- Liaise with junior/test developers on bugs and issues;
- Write well-structured and efficient code within React;
- Back-end development and integrations as required per project;
- Designing, developing and improving robust and testable web applications that are deployed and utilised around the world;
- Take a test driven and behaviour driven development driven approach when coding in Django or Flask;
- Regulalrly managing backups of the server;
- Working as part of an agile team to implement change. Breaking up stories into tasks and providing estimates for their completion;
- Building bespoke solutions using LAMP stack;
- Managing and uploading files on server;
- Understand the commercial impact of certain technical decisions and be able to discuss these with the management team;
- Directing or performing Website updates;
- Third-party API integration.
- Previous experience creating websites;
- Very strong WordPress experience;
- .NET CMS Platform experience e.g. Umbraco, EPiServer;
- Git, mercurial or SVN source control;
- Dedicated team player;
- Any experience with Electron/NWJS or alternative cross platform tools;
- Experience with JSON and jQuery would be helpful;
- Experience of GIT, SVN or similar;
- SQL Server / T-SQL;
- Understanding of web application security, scalability, performance and reliability;
- LAMP skills.