The Internal Communications Manager utilize bulletins, email, teleconferences, or newsletters to ensure effective communication. Manages and coordinates company publications of organizational policies and procedures. Being an Internal Communications Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. May require a bachelor’s degree. The Internal Communications Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Working as an Internal Communications Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Internal Communications Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Internal Communications Manager to join our team.
- Supporting the senior internal communications manager and work closely with the central internal communications team;
- Stakeholder Management – build relationships across the business to support and develop their planned IC activity;
- Develop and execute campaigns with wider comms team, managing communications executives on projects;
- Audio/ Visual – Confidentiality use video when appropriate and work with global IT &AV technicians to ensure seamless streaming;
- Developing editorial policy and guidelines for internal communication channels on Western route;
- Liaise with design agencies to create and manage printed material for the business;
- Owning the delivery of IC content to time and production deadlines, with the appropriate tone, language, content and house style;
- Deliver project and business change communications;
- Own the internal communications audit and review process;
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure company directory and distribution lists are up to date and correct;
- Intranet – support on the new global intranet launch as well as source, draft and edit new articles to post;
- Build and own an internal communications plan to enable effective and highly engaging communication programs;
- Work closely with Corporate Communications to keep brand messaging consistent across divisions;
- Effectively manage and ensure systems are fit for purpose;
- Securing necessary approvals on all communications; liaising with executives to level UP our internal brand.
- MUST be Immediately Available;
- Proven experience creating engaging campaigns across offline and online channels e.g. town halls, road shows etc;
- Developed and delivered internal communications strategies and campaigns, ideally within a multi-site, matrixed B2B environment;
- Experience of procuring and launching internal communications channels, particularly digital channels including intranets;
- Experience of designing and implement internal communications strategies, ideally within a professional services environment;
- An innovative personality, willing to try new ideas to solve complex challenges;
- A creative thinker, able to think outside of the box to problem solve communications challenges;
- English, Native or bilingual proficiency;
- Understanding of how communications can impact employees and influence their behaviours;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with ability to provide communications counsel to colleagues;
- external communications;
- Internal Communications;
- Experience of creating, running and evaluating colleague engagement surveys;
- Stakeholder management.