Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Controls Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our team.
- Contribute to overall system design specification and implementation;
- Commission controls systems on site and to provide support to System Integration Manager for various testing activities;
- To co-ordinate and ensure consistent approach across projects for electrical design, software design and commissioning activities;
- Use your electrical trouble shooting skills for undocumented prototype testing (low voltage);
- To commission controls systems on site and to provide support to system integration commissioning activities;
- Producing control system documentation;
- Collaborate with suppliers to deliver products and solutions customised to company needs;
- Ensure that risk management is an integral part of any decision-making process;
- Support, implementation and integration with MES/MOM and other third-party equipment or software;
- Plan and oversee line and equipment builds, installation, commissioning, and launches;
- Designing and testing electrical control panels;
- Managing contractors;
- Project Work – C.I & CAPEX;
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager;
- Carrying out Appropriate PPM Activities.
- Understanding of Internet of Things approach to system integration;
- Formal engineering qualifications;
- Willingness to travel and work away when required;
- Knowledge of and experience working with major UK control providors (Trend, Tridium etc.);
- Liaison with project engineering to appreciate the customer requirements;
- Recognised trade apprenticeship or equivalent engineering qualifications;
- Delivery of large / complex projects;
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined team;
- Allen Bradley experience is advantageous;
- PLC experience – preferably Siemens S7, Omron, Allen Bradley;
- Experience of working with the pressures associated within a time critical project-based environment;
- Systems integration beyond BMS e.g. lighting, metering, vertical transportation (desired);
- HTML/cloud integration (desired);
- Creativity and innovation;
- Dashboarding and high level data analytics.