Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Engineer to join our team.
- Designing, maintaining, implementing and improving electrical systems for a wide range of private and public sector clients;
- Role Models enthusiasm and energy about their work and encourages others to do the same;
- We will provide specialist training including 18 th edition wiring regs and we will update this training throughout your career;
- Set an example of safe, correct behaviour, particularly to new entrants and young persons;
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions;
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of electrical systems across a range of sectors;
- Providing technical information to assist in the generation of technical/product manuals;
- Preparation of specification modifications;
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in;
- Flexibility in work hours to provide cover if required for holidays and sickness absence;
- Carry out reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the appropriate paperwork/reports;
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives;
- Maintain required technical quality of work;
- Operate in accordance with maintenance systems to achieve set targets;
- Being on a call out rota to cover out of hours breakdown emergencies.
- Experience in fault finding on systems including; PLCs and VSDs;
- Make quick and accurate decisions;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages would be an advantage and be able to produce reports;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Organised and calm under pressure;
- Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Managerial skills;
- Experience in the delivery of water designs and specifications on water related projects for Water Companies, Contractors and industry;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Must have a degree in building services or mechanical engineering;
- Generate schematics to meet design requirements from first principles;
- Good understanding of BS standards;
- Appreciation of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable solutions;
- Competent in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.