The Senior Electrical Engineer applies mathematical and engineering principles and methods to electrical system designs. Designs, develops, and tests electrical equipment, components, or systems. Being a Senior Electrical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Electrical Engineering. Contributes to research efforts to develop a solution or a new product. In addition, Senior Electrical Engineer typically reports to supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Electrical Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Electrical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team.
- Some direct work with the client from concept/feasibility stage;
- Ensuring Performance Standards and statutory legislation are adhered to during design/engineering;
- Electrical Designs on several projects across different sectors;
- Cable calculations, Lighting calculations and power distribution;
- Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy, ensuring appropriate integrity management of electrical equipment;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices;
- Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority with external bodies such as IVB and internally ensuring correct design of installation;
- Understand and manage onshore and offshore electrical modifications/projects, both green and brownfield, ensuring effective and safe execution of work;
- Ensure a high standard of installation methods, through from construction to commissioning;
- Conduct initial and detailed designs on major large-scale projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Degree or relevant equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Building Services;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Degree or HNC qualified in building services or electrical engineering;
- Appreciation of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable solutions;
- Good report writing skills;
- Degree or Masters in Electrical Engineering;
- Chartered (preferred but not essential);
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject;
- Appreciation of other disciplines;
- Knowledge of job costing;
- Experience in the delivery of water designs and specifications on water related projects for Water Companies, Contractors and industry;
- Chartership with a suitable professional body;
- Knowledge and experience of electrical design for the water industry;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a small team and work with Clients.