The Senior Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. In addition, Senior Mechanical Engineer typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team;
- Identifying and documenting scope changes as well as variation order claims;
- Manage delivery of materials in-line with works programme and progress on-site;
- Manager and designers;
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered;
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards;
- Client liaison and technical support throughout the duration of the project including the;
- Ensure principles of prevention are adopted in the design of the works through careful planning and operability studies;
- Component design using 3D modeling, Engineering simulations and hand calculation;
- Mechanical analysis, thermal and FE;
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards;
- Direct liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors from concept/feasibility stage on projects;
- Collaboration with the client’s manufacturing partners in Asia and America.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks;
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually;
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in mechanical engineering or related discipline;
- Training by world leading experts;
- Life Insurance;
- Min of 5 year experience in full time workplace (preferable);
- Appreciation of other disciplines;
- Knowledge of job costing;
- Regular social and team events;
- Shower facilities;
- 8+ years experience;
- Degree or HNC in building services/ mechanical engineering;
- Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word and Excel Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation;
- Some basic knowledge of reliability and an understanding of how they apply to the design.