Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentations;
- Provide the contact point for Drawing Office Job Cards;
- Use technical and product knowledge and problem solving abilities to support other team members and other departments;
- Checking mechanical tolerances;
- Assess technical queries and provide engineering solutions to a wide ranging products portfolio;
- To maintain all plant machinery on site;
- Solely responsible for analysing asset performance and formulating proposal or making decisions for improvement based on their findings;
- To ensure all work carried out is undertaken using safe working practices, whilst ensuring safety of persons operating in and around the equipment;
- Developing and writing assembly procedures;
- Prototype change control of parts for new and modified designs;
- New product development;
- Compliance to internal and external standards & regulations;
- Ensuring engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget;
- To under take training as and when;
- Creation of part numbers and bill of materials.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling;
- Working knowledge of basic electrical principles;
- Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies;
- Understanding of 2D drawings, dimensioning & tolerancing experience;
- Experience working on conveyors, hydraulics and shredding machines would be advantageous;
- Good knowledge of PPM and continuous improvement systems;
- Time served or Mechanical qualification HNC / HND;
- Design, development and delivery of prototype/low volume components and related tooling;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Must have a degree in building services or mechanical engineering;
- Experience of a fast-moving environment in Manufacturing (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of working in a fast paced, delivery focussed environment;
- Industrial experience would be desirable;
- Experience of working with precision sheet metal and machined products.