Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
Facilities Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Facilities Engineer to join our team.
- Identifying upgrade paths for obsolete equipment;
- Producing design proposals and technical reports demonstrating how proposed solutions meet their requirements;
- Interfacing with external contractors and manufacturers;
- Providing technical leadership and consultancy to maintainers, facility engineers, project managers and commissioning teams;
- Maintaining all plant service systems;
- To provide electrical and mechanical maintenance skills to the Facilities department;
- To actively support achievement of Energy & waste reduction targets.
- Minimum HNC qualified, or equivalent experience;
- Complete understanding and experience of mechanical and electrical disciplines;
- To have a proven record of being self-motivated, disciplined and flexible when working in a team environment;
- Must be conversant and adhere to electricity at work regulations, COSHH and Safety at work regulations;
- To have experience in TPM principles and disciplines;
- Ideally, to have served a recognized engineering apprenticeship;
- Must possess either 16th, 17th or 18th Edition electrical qualification;
- Experience of working in a factory facilities/maintenance production environment;
- Multi-skilled individual with practical experience in fault finding and repair.