Conduct sub-surface surveys to identify the characteristics of potential land or mining development sites. May specify the ground support systems, processes and equipment for safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction or underground construction activities. May inspect areas for unsafe geological conditions, equipment, and working conditions. May design, implement, and coordinate mine safety programs.
Safety Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Safety Engineer to join our team.
- Co-ordinating the safety effort and supervising teams for assigned projects;
- Advising the Safety Manager and Project Engineering Lead on all safety related matters;
- Liaison with regulatory/certifying bodies, customers and suppliers on safety matters;
- Promoting a safety culture within the Marshall organisation;
- Providing system safety guidance to engineering staff;
- Producing System Safety Assessments, Safety Cases and Hazard Logs;
- Promoting safety awareness throughout the design development lifecycle;
- Ensuring that that the assurance arguments are reasonable, well constructed and justified;
- Ensuring safety outputs conform to company and regulatory policy;
- Chair appropriate safety committees, boards and meetings.
- Appreciation of the implications of Availability, Reliability and Maintainability and Integrity upon Operational Systems;
- Appreciation of the issues associated with Human Factors and Software to the safe delivery of Operational services.