Functional Safety Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to join our team.
- Participate in the analysis & resolution of potential field related safety issues;
- Act as technical authority for verification of safety control systems;
- Be the central point of contact for all functional safety queries;
- Support the implementation of the safety management system to cover products, systems and services;
- Ensure products and systems meet regulation and support ongoing maintenance for safety compliance;
- Product and systems HAZOPs, Risk assessments and TUV certifications.
- Must be technically proficient in all areas of Mechanical and Electrical machinery safety;
- Proven knowledge in functional Safety (e.g. TUV Functional Safety Certified or similar) and able to run SIL/Design based risk assessments;
- Experience in the design of safety control systems and verification of safety control systems designed by others;
- Experience with probabilistic calculations, gathering and application of failure rate data.