Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
Project Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Architect to join our team.
- Technical design: prepare detail drawings and specifications for inclusion in Stage 4+ information;
- Undertaking site planning and development to ensure that projects comply with zoning, environmental, and safety requirements;
- Managing both time schedules and project budgets to ensure that construction projects are completed on time and within set budgets;
- Leadership: manage a small team of 3-5 people, overseeing quality, setting direction and reviewing design information;
- Designing and drafting building plans for a variety of residential, commercial and industrial construction projects;
- Prepare written project documents such as work stage reports, design and access statements or internal project reports;
- Preparing project documents and specifications for both contractors and clients;
- Project management: Identify and manage work stage deliverables, design programmes and plan the work of team members where required;
- Client service: perform the duties of lead consultant and liaise with clients.
- Revit is essential for this position;
- Strong design and technical skills, and can undertake feasibility schemes efficiently;
- 7+ years UK experience in an architectural practice;
- Proven experience in client management and leading teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate in German advantageous;
- Understanding of leading projects;
- Experience working with clients and contractors;
- Strong understanding of UK planning and building regulations;
- ARB registered Architect (or equivalent);
- Had a lead role in at least three projects with a contract value of £10m+
- Able to use AutoCAD and Revit to a high standard;
- A fully qualified Architect with RIBA Part 3 achieved and ARB registered;
- Chartered status would be preferable, or minimum Part 2 / ARB or equivalent qualified, working towards professional accreditation;
- Excellent design skills are essential.