The Senior Structural Engineer performs analysis of building materials for use in construction. Designs load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, bridges, or roadways. Being a Senior Structural Engineer determines cause of structural failures, damages, and defects through site investigations. Develops blueprints or specifications for use during construction and ensures all projects comply with applicable codes and regulations. In addition, Senior Structural Engineer provides reports detailing investigations and assessment of damages to the structure. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Senior Structural Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Structural Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc.) is maintained;
- Produce detailed designs;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with high profile clients;
- Leading projects in the office from small to medium scale;
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities;
- Responsible for working within a team of engineers and technicians in the delivery of civil and structural engineering projects;
- Responsible for the development and ongoing management of design delivery programmes;
- To take ownership of personal training and development needs, and keep up to date with latest industry developments;
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings;
- Meeting with clients to discuss programmes, finances and issues;
- Responsible for managing CAD/Revit technicians to ensure that an appropriate level of design information is included on production information;
- Prepare correspondence and reports;
- Carry out manual and computer analysis;
- To develop programmes of works to ensure effective management of the highways structures, and identify and seek relevant funding and resources;
- Attending site-visits.
- Experience of structural analysis design and software;
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types;
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience;
- Experience of structural analysis design and software essential;
- Comply with approved designs and drawins Able to use Microsoft Project;
- Degree, HNC/HND in Civil engineering;
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Structural Engineering;
- Keen to work on a wide variety of structural projects;
- Experience in design of highways and bridges;
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types (steel, concrete, timber and masonry experience preferred);
- Good degree in Structural / Civil Engineering;
- Refurbishment experience is essential for this role;
- Chartered or approaching (ICE and/or IStructE);
- Acquire management skills;
- Full valid UK driving license.