Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
Structural Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Structural Engineer to join our team.
- The site work and reporting associated with structures inspections;
- Prepare contract documentation and specifications, liaising with consultants, contractors, clients and colleagues to keep updated on progress;
- Review, check and approve designs prepared by others;
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with high profile clients;
- Produce detailed designs;
- Prepare FRAs, pre-planning advice, feasibility studies and documentation to support planning applications;
- Working knowledge of software such as Robot, Tedds and Revit would be a distinct advantage;
- Mentor graduates and technicians;
- Planning and coordination of the project including testing and calculations;
- Answer technical queries about own work within their level of knowledge and competency;
- Undertake structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of senior engineers;
- Selecting of appropriate construction materials;
- Preparing designs and drawings;
- Checking calculations for other members of the team.
- Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Desire to understand and learn;
- providing technical advice;
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council;
- Experience in related structural products & general construction;
- Desire to develop their career and take on increasing responsibilities;
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline;
- A full UK driver’s licence (free parking is provided);
- selecting appropriate construction materials;
- Proficient in Inventor (or other3D CAD Product);
- Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle;
- Structural analysis of design and development project;
- Experience in a Structural Engineering or Ship Design environment;
- obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval.