Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
Test Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Test Technician to join our team.
- Product Safety;
- Carrying out activities in line with the company’s test procedures;
- Investigating mechanical and electronic problems, diagnosing/repairing faults;
- Feedback design and maintenance issues to appropriate personnel;
- To inspect products on completion of testing to ensure the highest Quality standards are achieved;
- Compliance with and adherence to relevant processes and procedures;
- Completing inspection and test workload to manufacture specifications and within time constraints;
- Inspection and testing of mechanically wired and soldered assemblies and PCBs using various inspection and test equipment;
- Providing feedback to production staff on error finding and support to corrective actions in order to promote improvements in quality and efficiency;
- Maintaining workspace cleanliness and safety, correct storage of kits and responsibility for own tools (requirements and safekeeping);
- Following of build notes, test schedules, Standard Operating Procedures, bills of materials, detailed drawings and pictures;
- Accurate logging of failure data in FRACAS database;
- Support for Test process, including Functional & ICT test for PCBs and ATP and ESS tests for LRUs;
- All aspects of setup of equipment to support test and fault-finding.
- HNC Electronics Engineering, City & Guilds Electronics servicing or equivalent;
- Able to fault-find using own initiative to component level;
- PC Literate.