Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
Audit Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Audit Manager to join our team.
- Manage your own time and that of others to meet deadlines and deliver an effective service to clients;
- Supervise staff at varying levels of qualification and experience to ensure jobs are completed to a high standard of accuracy and client care;
- Ensure audit at all times in line with external audit standards;
- Prepare proposals for new work;
- Act as a counselling manager to some members of the group and help them to achieve personal and professional development;
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team;
- Review and assess WIP regularly and address overruns as they occur;
- Execute and deliver aspects of audit engagements to the required methodology and Quality Assurance standards;
- Maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- Managing the team from Audit Seniors to Trainees;
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team;
- Involved in a number of firm wide performance initiatives and specific ad-hoc projects;
- Managing a diverse portfolio of audit clients and large SMEs;
- Identifying and follow up of possible opportunities for incremental fees across the business – both with existing clients and new clients;
- Preparing the budget and agreeing it with the client.
- Experience of clearing assignments straight to Partner;
- Coaching junior members of staff to ensure appropriate understanding of client business and issues;
- Experience of CCH Audit Automation;
- Discussing business issues and risks with clients on each assignment, offering service solutions;
- Detailed review of audit working papers as prepared by the audit team;
- Establishing close working relationships with clients to fully understand their needs and meet expectations;
- Managing an audit team, including staff appraisals, career development and by offering support as a mentor as assigned to individuals;
- Good working knowledge of UK and international GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting;
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels;
- A clear focus on audit quality;
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102/ IFRS;
- Manage the overall service delivery and results to clients;
- Educated up to degree level or CTS;
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent;
- Previous experience of managing people.