Buying Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Buying Manager to join our team.
- Analyse market trends and competitor activity;
- Delivering business strategy including commercial performance, category growth, new product development;
- Analysing data to plan successful future lines;
- Sourcing suppliers & negotiating best cost prices;
- Spotting and recommending ways to improve processes;
- Working cross-functionally to implement Category strategies and driving activity, awareness and performance;
- Managing a team of buyers and senior buyers through to admin staff;
- Transactional Buying duties;
- Leading a team of high perfoming buyers / category managers;
- Management of and delegation to the team;
- Presenting reports, figures & trend information to the Senior Management team;
- Liaise with current supplier base as well as sourcing new suppliers to ensure quality and price are optimised;
- Monitoring stock, reporting, analysis;
- Buying the Soft furnishings category for the business;
- All round management of Buying strategy, working closely with the Directors.
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively;
- Proven experience as Buing Manager for a commercial retailer with in FMCG categoryies such as Food, Health & Beauty, Grocery;
- Excellent understanding of all MS Office products including advanced Excel;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels;
- Good level of education, degree is preferable;
- Good working knowledge of budgets and managing conflicting projects.