Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Application Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Analyst to join our team.
- Standard Microsoft office applications;
- SQL Reporting;
- To liaise with external agencies on the implementation, development and on-going support of applications;
- Business Objects;
- Aaeron QL (all core modules);
- To help ensure that full documentation is kept up to date and regularly reviewed whilst adhering to change control policies;
- Ensure that the most efficient use of assigned IT systems are made, by reviewing current usage and providing enhancements/changes where necessary;
- To consult with internal and external customers on service requirement implementation;
- First Touch;
- Carry out system administration of assigned systems as and when necessary;
- To help with the implementation of new systems and modules, including data conversion issues and other migration matters;
- Ensure that any assigned development is properly versioned, adhering to change control and testing procedures at all times;
- Operational Services.
- Experience supporting business systems;
- Knowledge of system upgrades;
- Experience working in a customer facing environment.