Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.
Application Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Developer to join our team.
- Technical liaison with external suppliers and contracts to lead product development;
- Keep abreast of technologies, ensuring skills are current;
- Provide technical third line support for supported applications and services;
- Integrate systems and platforms; utilising an array of available technologies;
- Integration with Coins, Microsoft dynamics and bespoke systems;
- Travel to other UK sites when required?
- Maintain local software quality documentation to ensure TS800 standards are met;
- Developing software through the full lifecycle from requirement gathering to design, testing, documentation, implementation and integration;
- Ensure configuration and change is managed and controlled throughout software development lifecycle;
- Producing low & high-fidelity proof of concepts and spikes;
- Provide timely updates to task managers on the status of assigned deliverables;
- Adhere to the IT Security Strategy at all times;
- Be involved in projects from conception to design and through to deployment;
- Assist with intranet and web application development;
- Collaborate with the wider Applications & Development team to achieve our goals.
- Solid understanding of mark-up languages such as HTML, XML and JSON;
- Positive team member and strong communicator;
- Highly Desirable: Prism, Infragistics, Telerik;
- Computer Science / Information Technology (or related) degree and/or HND;
- Graduates with specialist C# development qualifications also encouraged to apply;
- Desirable: WCF, Entity Framework, CSLA.NET, Oracle;
- Experience of all stages of the development lifecycle;
- 3+ years’ experience of building websites with ASP.NET (C# or VB.NET);
- Awareness and keenness to implement the Microsoft development stack;
- Communication with other departments within the company;
- Working with APIs.