Backend Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team.
- Debug issues in production and follow them through until they’ve been resolved;
- Research, design and build solutions to business problems by breaking them down into defined tasks and delivering these – or helping others to;
- Design clear technical solutions for business requirements, even when these are tricky or ambiguous, with consideration for how iwoca is scaling;
- Make sure we’re writing robust, high quality code: you’ll not only ensure your code is tested, but that you’re testing the right things.
- Experience with distributed systems design and writing microservices;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and ability to independently translate user requirements to engineering features;
- University degree in computer science or demonstrated track record in building large scale products;
- 4+ years of experience building and deploying applications in the cloud in a variety of languages (e.g., Python, Java);
- Experience in financial services is a benefit but not required;
- Commercial orientation to focus on shipping product while maintaining a high standard;
- Someone that thrives in a high pace organization and prizes working with a brilliant team that is equal parts fun and drive;
- Experience writing web APIs.