Backend Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team.
- Help define and build our engineering process, culture and team structure;
- Work closely with Product Management and UX to design new tools enabling creativity at scale;
- Ensuring our code is of the highest quality by practicing and evangelising engineering best practices (code reviews, pairing, etc);
- Design and development of business logic to support the editorial teams.
- Willingness to learn;
- Knowledge of a modern microservice framework such as Spring Boot;
- Knowledge of modern DevOps practises and delivering infrastructure as code;
- Experience of containerisation;
- Knowledge of one or more OO or functional languages. Ideally a JVM language;
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment (Lean, Scrum, Kanban);
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or GCP.