Backend Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Backend Developer to join our team.
- Building on and maintaining our API (including documentation) which powers our website, apps, and partner integrations;
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Maintaining our operations on Heroku;
- Integrating our platform with 3rd party services to extend capabilities;
- Providing API support to external partners;
- Keeping our backend systems and API running. – Playing a major role in developing our product vision;
- Designing of cloud infrastructure to power the Antidote platform;
- Designing and delivering new platform capabilities.
- Php 7 (oop / mvc);
- Used to deploying applications to PaaS and bare metal servers;
- Exposure to Elastic Search;
- Used to deploying applications with Continuous Integration;
- Used to Vagrant or Docker and virtualized development environments;
- Knowledge of MVC (Laravel / Lumen);
- Version Control (Subversion or Git);
- You feel comfortable with the whole HTTP stack from the protocol up to JSON / HTML and its representations;
- Experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL;
- Experience working with large data sets;
- Great testing discipline;
- Excellent understanding of server side development.