Back-End Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to join our team.
- Maintain the high standard of the code by following TDD and BDD;
- Maintain Engineering standards in place;
- Build cloud-native software and services that underpin our award-winning journalism;
- Build solid, efficient, stable, scalable APIs;
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rota and align to DevOps practices;
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies to ensure The Telegraph stays ahead of the game.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Node.js;
- Experience in databases;
- Experience with API tooling and standards (authentication, versioning, documentation with swagger);
- Knowledge of HTML with some front end development experience;
- Working knowledge of microservices (REST, GraphQl, async messaging);
- Experience in integrating development operations & developer experience tools;
- Experience of Content Management in a media industry is an advantage;
- Experience in microservices-based back end development with Golang (Go);
- Commitment and proactiveness.