Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Data Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Architect to join our team.
- To advise and support any projects regarding data matters;
- Manage our relationship with various vendors, ensuring we have a strong partnership and influence over roadmaps if needed;
- To create usable data models which describe data entries, their attributed and their relationships with each other;
- Guide, coach and train Data Engineers, Analysts, Visualization Engineers and Data Scientists to empower them to deliver modern data solutions;
- To act as the main knowledge specialist for data, supporting cross functional teams and various architectural colleagues;
- Co-ordinate with multiple delivery teams, providing them with guidance on best practices on data engineering, analytics, operations and support;
- Define the vision, strategy and principles for data management;
- To model business data conceptually and independently of applications and physical implementations;
- Define the future data architecture state and underlying infrastructure;
- Serve as the liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams;
- Liaise withy other business teams, to gather requirements and issues to deliver data driven projects;
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions architect community;
- Define standards to support the full end to end data lifecycle within the Atom Enterprise;
- Must understand how data is, or will be, used and the implication on people, process, products and technology;
- Liaise with other business teams, to gather requirements and issues to deliver data driven projects.
- Experience using and operationalizing analytical databases like AWS Redshift, Vertica etc;
- Stakeholder management skills at leadership level;
- Linux experience;
- Experienced implementing metadata driven data pipelines will be a plus;
- Experience gathering and analyzing system & data requirements;
- Experience using AWS Lambda, python and/or Scala;
- Good ‘face to face’ communicator (written & verbal) and able to adapt communication style;
- Experience of working and creating in AWS platform;
- A consultative contractor who is confident in speaking with stakeholders across all functions;
- A background of different data store and different data processing technologies;
- Proven record of creating a new Data Platform and delivering this;
- Experience in performing analysis, design & delivery for Data Management and Data Driven projects;
- Experience working Microsoft (Azure) frameworks;
- Google Cloud Platform; ReactJS Liferay Spring/Hibernate; MongoDB; P4/Git/Maven/Ant; SaaS deployment and maintenance; Agile methodologies;
- Cloud development environment.