The Senior Data Architect develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery. Designs and builds relational databases for data storage or processing. Being a Senior Data Architect may evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization’s quality standards and ease of integration. Builds data models and defines the structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements. In addition, Senior Data Architect typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Data Architect contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Data Architect typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Data Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Data Architect to join our team.
- Work with business leads and systems implementation partners to define database/datawarehousing requirements and data interfaces;
- Conduct data model reviews with project team members/business subject matter experts;
- Work with internal resource and system implementation partners to design datawarehouse and datamart structures;
- Identify data requirements and related KPIs, metrics, etc; perform and document data source gap analysis;
- Participate and drive proof-of-concept or prototyping of data systems and data solutions;
- You will participate in architectural reviews, ensuring the best patterns are in place, while early identify upstream and downstream side effects;
- This will be heavily working with stakeholders and data modelling work with less of a focus on the enterprise or infrastructure architecture;
- You will create documents that ensure consistency in development across the organization;
- They will be working with the key stakeholders to understand the data flows within the organisation and the stakeholders needs;
- Manage data management workstream;
- Assessing the logical and physical data models required to deliver this;
- Enabling the build of a greenfield data warehouse which sits on top of their existing data lake and allows the teams to deliver effective analytics;
- You will facilitate conceptual discussions to meet business objectives;
- You will define usage patterns and anti-patterns for data systems, processing, modeling, and storage technologies;
- You will bring a holistic brand and enterprise view into new data system design.
- Strong knowledge of master data management;
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Tableau etc;
- Knowledge and/or experience with service oriented architecture entities and frameworks;
- Knowledge of database performance/tuning/measurement, as well as user access and data manipulation;
- Data Architect experience (5+ years);
- Data warehousing, including business line and enterprise data warehouses, operational data stores, and business intelligence data structures;
- Experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Data Model design;
- Strong knowledge of entity relationships;
- Hands on skills in SQL, Python, AWS & Azure infrastructures, Alteryx & Tableau;
- Strong knowledge of SQL, C#, SOA and web services;
- Documented experience (at least 2 years) with ETL in the context of data warehouses;
- Knowledge of Big Data environments (Hadoop & PhP);
- Seeing the Big Picture.