Design objects, facilities, and environments to optimize human well-being and overall system performance, applying theory, principles, and data regarding the relationship between humans and respective technology. Investigate and analyze characteristics of human behavior and performance as it relates to the use of technology.
Lead Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our team.
- Taking responsibility to test and document the network security solutions before handing them over for Implementation;
- Analysing and benchmarking of Network Security products .e.g. firewalls, network intrusion detection systems, distributed denial of service protection;
- Establishing the team work plan;
- Ensuring that the engineering sub-system delivers its objectives and targets (technical and business);
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s;
- Provide training and support the implementation of PPAP;
- Working with small cross functional collaborative teams to drive out requirements, highlight risks and prioritise stories;
- Provide technical assurance for all change requests and be the escalation for out-of-hour emergency changes;
- Provide training and support the manufacturing and quality teams in applying basic and advanced methods, tools andconcepts;
- Have experience creating and presenting application performance metrics to relevant interested parties;
- Mentoring and guiding more junior staff;
- Develop, implement, and improve both Operations and Engineering metrics related to Process Certification and DesignRobustness;
- Drive improvement and standardisation with implementing effective processes that help product teams deliver “robustproducts”;
- PAT Testing.
- Router/Switch Platform Engineering for Network Devices (Extreme/Cisco/Juniper);
- Unix/Linux administration ability to develop automation solutions leveraging shell, Perl, and Python scripts to increase operational efficiency;
- Software Defined Networking and Network Segmentation Engineering;
- Check Point Firewall Management automation;
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex applications using Test Driven Development and Behavioral Driven Development practices;
- Automated testing (unit/integration, with UI as a plus);
- An understanding of trading systems and the specific problems involved, algo trading background is desirable;
- Mentoring and management of staff;
- Client facing;
- Demonstrable experience of implementing process control;
- Apprentice trained – desirable;
- Excellent team working and interpersonalskills;
- City and guild level 2 and 3 in Electrical installations (or equivalent).