Lead Systems Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join our team.
- Service Transition – Ensure all changes applied via the RFC process have met stringent checks and balances before being applied to production.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 & 2016, Windows 7 & 10 and MacOS in corporate environments;
- Operational experience configuring and maintaining secure and highly available web services using Apache & MySQL/MariaDB;
- Experience in managing perimeter and internal security practices, an excellent awareness of the latest events and best practices in Cybersecurity;
- Experience in the negotiation and procurement of IT services and solutions;
- Prior experience in leading or managing a technical team;
- Operational familiarity with configuration management tools – Ansible (preferred), Puppet;
- Various network protocols in both Windows & Linux environments. Including but not limited to – NFS, SMB, FTP, BIND DNS, SMTP;
- VMWare configuration and management – vCenter, vSphere 5.5-6.7, DRS, HA Clusters, DSwitches;
- LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory for machine and user authentication;
- Excellent operational knowledge of the AWS cloud platform – EC2, RDS (Aurora), S3, IAM, Organisations;
- Track record in provisioning and maintaining physical and logical network routing and switching – 802.3ad, 802.1x;
- Experience in the provisioning and operation of enterprise storage arrays and fiber channel storage networks;
- Must have outstanding Linux experience (RHEL/Centos & Ubuntu) in corporate Desktop and Server environments.