Network Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Architect to join our team.
- Design, engineer and support the Client’s growing reliance on ULL products;
- Responsible for discovering, promoting and executing SOI solutions and reusable network infrastructure components/functionality;
- Contribute to and/or review high-level and low-level network design documentation and approve;
- Contributes technical and application related aspects to the overall Enterprise and Domain Engineering blueprints;
- Evaluate all designs and engineering to ensure that they incorporate the right level of reliability in the most cost effective manner.
- A firm understanding of networking(routing/switching) and OS concepts, Linux/Unix administration, TCP/IP, TLS and other related protocols;
- Firewalls specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation;
- Some experience of Security and Risk Analysis knowledge for Extranet setups;
- Defence experience will be beneficial;
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills;
- Network Data Admin-L3;
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT and/or Cisco CCNP/CCDP accreditation;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible fast paced enterprise environment;
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP;
- Previous experience in a Network Architecture role;
- Experience of working for an organisation in the IT services or consultancy arena;
- Ability to competently test and Certify Load Balancing/ADC software and all associated features and functions;
- Excellent all round knowledge of IT infrastructure;
- Network Architecting-L2 (Mandatory);
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade.