Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Network Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team.
- 1 st and 2 nd line support of relevant network related technologies;
- Ensure security and controls are adhered to and effective for the protection of customers;
- Program routers, switches, wireless access points, and various network hardware as required;
- Manage owned domain names;
- Providing ad hoc project support to Architecture and InfoSec colleagues for matters relating to network infrastructure and disaster recovery;
- Design, develop, document, analyze, test, and/or modify new software systems as part of the network design process;
- Creation and maintenance of technical implementation plans and support documentation;
- Participates in the organization of after-hours maintenance efforts;
- Engage in data network fault investigations;
- Configure DNS servers;
- 3rd line support and ownership of WAN and LAN technologies, working in collaboration with all top-level support colleagues;
- Working with 3rd party contacts to resolve network issues, identifying root cause analysis;
- Experience of Layer 2 technologies and experience with Network Management tools;
- Clean driving licence;
- Experience with a wide spectrum of vendors i.e. Juniper, Cisco etc.
- Degree or similar qualification;
- Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint and Fortinet);
- Ability to analyze business processes to improve security assurance posture of the company;
- Five (5) years technology or information security related experience;
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Technology related field;
- Cisco Core technologies;
- Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment;
- A proven track record in providing ICT networking support for hardware and software;
- Good knowledge of VLANs, VPN, routing and the Internet;
- BGP/OSFP/ISIS (IPv4 & IPv6);
- MPLS knowledge – L2VPN / L3VPN / EVPN;
- Intermediate knowledge of WAN/LAN – including routing experience eg Cisco,
- Experience in network monitoring, performance and availability management or network automation concepts eg Solarwinds;
- Varied experience as a Network Engineer;
- Strong written skills — technical documentation.