Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children’s toys. Combine artistic talent with research on product use, marketing, and materials to create the most functional and appealing product design.
Product Development Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Development Engineer to join our team.
- Using design packages and CAD systems for initial concept design;
- Generation of reports;
- Testing and diagnosing prototypes to identify improvements;
- Provide process development advice during the build phase.
- Experience working in a process / NPI role;
- Recognised qualification within engineering;
- Experience Programming CNC’s would be an advantage;
- Experienced analytical problem solver able to diagnose issues in a methodical manner would be beneficial;
- CAD experience utilised in a manufacturing environment (Autodesk Inventor / Solidworks or similar);
- Experience working within a SME environment;
- Customer focussed and confident communicating at all levels.