Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
QA Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a QA Analyst to join our team.
- Use a curious and methodical mind set to investigate issues;
- Design reusable and maintainable automated tests;
- Gain an understanding of user behaviour and good UI/UX design;
- Critical attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Able to work in an Agile environment;
- Communicate clearly verbally and in writing at a technical as well as a business level;
- Provide creative input into feature refinements;
- Participate in the setup and management of cloud based test environments;
- Follow complete cycle of new games delivery which includes administration, testing, reporting, escalating and liaising;
- Work with off-shore teams as part of our matrix team structure;
- Produce detailed test stage plans;
- Create and implement tests to cover use of promotions and marketing materials to ensure key customer journeys are not affected;
- Ensure test cases are up to date in order to have robust test execution and consistent with the products and are therefore fit for purpose;
- Create, implement and maintain test data based on assigned projects and ensure test data is ready prior to testing where possible;
- Execute test cases, document results, update progress, and track bugs.
- ISTQB Foundation;
- Additional course or certification in Quality Assurance;
- Proficient with unix based operating systems;
- Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Order Management/CRM system experience (Advantage Software currently used);
- Meets programmatic deadlines consistently despite unforeseen circumstances;
- Strong understanding of computer science principles through a combination of academic and professional experience;
- Remains calm and methodical under pressure;
- Good attention to detail;
- PC and mainframe literate;
- Highly self-motivated with a keen attention to detail;
- Must be highly organised and have effective communication skills;
- 8+ years in software quality assurance roles, ideally for complex distributed systems;
- Ability to analyse business/testing requirements and create testing documentation;
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.