The Software Tester I follows uniform testing procedures. Tests basic features of new software releases using pre-defined test plans and scripts to identify defects. Being a Software Tester I performs follow-up rounds of testing as needed. Documents results and uses designated systems and tools to track outcomes. In addition, Software Tester I requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Software Tester I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Software Tester Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Tester to join our team.
- Liaise with colleagues within Testing and other teams to ensure continuity of service for all users;
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support other colleagues in their development and training;
- Producing test documentation (test plans and test scripts) to agreed standard;
- Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the test team;
- Providing documentation support;
- Execution of tests in a manner that minimizes cost, time and undesirable impact;
- To ensure requests for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately;
- To create appropriate help guides for the software being tested;
- Identifying innovative solutions to solve complex test problems;
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments;
- Retesting defect fixes and regression testing;
- Production of testing guides and documentation;
- Analysing user stories and planning to identify appropriate test cases to be developed;
- Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases;
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Regression testing and other concepts;
- Automated test data creation;
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
- ISTQB (or equivalent) qualified Tester;
- UI, Client/Server, Database/Web Based application testing;
- Selenium webdriver using C# or Java;
- Computer Science or relevant degree;
- Solid understanding of SQL;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner;
- Previous experience as a Software Tester or similar role in an Agile environment;
- Previous experience of Git version control system;
- Excellent IT, communication and prioritisation skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.