Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
Scrum Master Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Scrum Master to join our team.
- Building high-performing Agile teams;
- organising the resolution of impediments within the teams and across the organisation, to optimize the teams’ velocities;
- Championing agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives through regular reflection and adaptation;
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to the Product Increment / Cadence commitments;
- Promote Scrum values of Transparency, Focus, Courage, Respect, Commitment within the centre;
- Proactive, enthusiastic and output driven;
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks;
- Guiding your teams on how to use Agile/Scrum & SAFe practices and values to meet deliverables;
- Providing feedback to team members on career progression;
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution whilst getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work;
- Building a high-performing team;
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint;
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Provides upper management support and data as necessary to ensure appropriate messaging to strategic clients.
- Track record of successful software delivery;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- JIRA or Confluence;
- The ability to work effectively in a team and mentor/educate other team members;
- Clear thinking and creative flair;
- Experience using Jira and AgileCraft to manage development/bug tasks;
- Strong knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement);
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders and report into the Centre’s Leadership team;
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory;
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills;
- Experience of working with teams located at multiple geographic locations;
- Knowledge and/or experience with Scaled Agile development;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Scrum master or similar role;
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc;
- Solid software development background, with understanding or hands-on experience in development and/or integration projects.