Senior Android Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our team.
- Drive best practices through participation in coding, technical design, code reviews, and shipping features;
- Working as part of cross-functional team to define, design, and ship new features for the Android platform;
- Driving client architecture, team processes and product decisions;
- Mentor junior engineers to help them develop and grow.
- Extensive experience as an Android developer, designing and implementing software solutions using Java or Kotlin (preferably both );
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each;
- Extensive Android development experience (Android SDK, Android Studio, Kotlin);
- Skilled in securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques;
- Strong OO & problem solving skills with an appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code;
- Experience of working in Agile methodologies e.g. Scrum, Kanban;
- Proficiency with git when collaborating on code bases and Google’s app submission process;
- A solid history of constantly improving your own knowledge and skills as well as improving processes for your organisation;
- Excellent understanding of Android app architecture and use of design patterns;
- Previous leadership experience, managing or mentoring others;
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban;
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers;
- Ability to drive the development forward and being able to translate business requirements into pragmatic solutions;
- The confidence to work in a client facing role;
- Writing code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns.