Senior Technical Specialist – Metabolite Identification Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Technical Specialist – Metabolite Identification to join our team.
- Provide technical advice to Study Directors/Management at all points in the study life cycle;
- Be the Senior Technical Specialist/Expert in structure elucidation;
- Responsible for technical training (writing and review of training materials) and maintenance of laboratory work standards in their area;
- Mentor new Technical Specialists and other senior laboratory staff;
- Hold equipment/software/lab space responsibilities on behalf of their team.
- Experience of working in a GLP facility;
- Expert in the use of relevant software such as Xcalibur, Waters UNIFY, Compound Discoverer;
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related subject;
- Expert in the use of High-Resolution Mass Spectrometers e.g. Waters Vion, Thermo QExactive;
- Experience in chromatographic method development;
- Many years’ experience in metabolite identification in a CRO or Pharmaceutical/Agrochemical company and an industry recognised expert in this area;
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills;
- Project management and mentoring experience;
- Knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions.