Service Desk Lead Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Service Desk Lead to join our team.
- Present any recommendations for new systems and implementation plans including determining scope, costs, and time-scales;
- Lead the management of the cloud and physical environments in use at the client including responsibility for cost management;
- Ensure backups are performed according to the agreed schedule and that they are verified and recoverable;
- Research and recommend any changes to the overall infrastructure to improve the performance, cost or automation of manual tasks;
- Responsible for the management of the network infrastructure including LAN and WAN.
- Virtual Servers – physical host servers with VMWare ESX server 5.5 and Hyper V;
- Firewall / URL Filtering / IPS – supporting NXGen Firewalls;
- Security – Monitoring and analysing network activity using Dark trace and Cylance;
- Desktop Software-based around Windows 10 and Office 365, Windows Operating System – Windows 10 and previous versions;
- Skype for Business – Conference facilities using Polycom phones;
- Virtual Servers – Management, planning and migration of Azure server environments;
- Desktop PCs – Software deployment methods and automating and managing updates and patching of software;
- Shared Storage – hosted on a local EMC VNX5300 SAN;
- Server Software – Azure, Hybrid Office 365, ADFS, CommVault cloud backup service;
- Monitoring Wide Area Network – 2 x 300 Mbps Colt circuits;
- Local Area Network – network equipment connected to speeds of 10Gbps for faster connection to servers and storage;
- Managing and monitoring local area networks including Guest WiFi networks.