The UI Developer I gathers requirements, creates specifications and develops code. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support a graphical user interface for products and programs. Being an UI Developer I has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field (i.e., C, C++ language programming, XMotif programming interfaces and GUI API packages). Designs and writes codes to support existing applications. In addition, UI Developer I typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being an UI Developer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as an UI Developer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
UI Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a UI Developer to join our team.
- Writing technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers;
- Implement UI designs for new functional requirements using common web frameworks, integrating with public and private RESTful APIs;
- Create, update & execute Unit Test Cases;
- Agile and Waterfall development;
- Contribute to the development of our codebase;
- Develop software application using java Technologies and frameworks;
- Develop quality UI code across various projects and platforms;
- Coding/Developing the module based on requirement;
- Work closely with the Designers and Artists, seeking feedback and iterating on your work;
- End to end Unit Testing of the application;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Developing with SOAP and/or REST based web services;
- Develop prototypes to help inform the design process.
- Ability to communicate proficiently with cross-functional teams on all aspects of the design process;
- The ability to create pixel-perfect designs, assets and style guides;
- Familiar with CSS such as LESS/SASS;
- Ability to provide proactive, creative input into the direction of the product, with a focus on usability and accessibility;
- At least two years of commercial experience in front end web development;
- Ability to review the Architecture/Design/Code; and suggest solutions and improvements;
- Demonstrable experience in creating usable web and email templates;
- Expertise in using Balsamiq, Axure or Adobe XD to create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes;
- Expertise in using front-end frameworks, including Bootstrap;
- Development in web-based frameworks to implement UI designs while integrating with server-side RESTful APIs;
- Should have 7+ years of IT experience as UI/UX Developer;
- Proven track record of designing and delivering high-quality, innovative user-interface designs throughout all phases of the product life-cycle.