Sous chefs are a kitchen’s second-in-command. They supervise the restaurant’s cooks, prepare meals, and report results to the head chefs. In the absence of the head chef, sous chefs run the kitchen.
Sous Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sous Chef to join our team.
- Running shifts;
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance;
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities;
- Leads kitchen team in chef’s absence;
- To adhere to health & safety policies;
- Invention of new & innovative menu ideas;
- Ensuring the cleanliness standards are kept;
- Manage a clean and efficient kitchen department;
- Cost Management;
- Plan the day to day running of all sections of the kitchen effectively to meet the service standards;
- Ensure producing food on time, consistently and accurately;
- Manage rotas in accordance to business levels;
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications;
- Stock Rotation;
- Manage and maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Strong supervisory skills;
- Experience in a similar environment;
- To be a team player demonstrating flexibility and development;
- Self-assured and calm manner towards staff and passengers;
- Relevant qualifications such as City & Guild 7061/7062 or NVQ Level 2/3;
- Possess a formal qualification in culinary arts from a recognized culinary training institution;
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program; Extensive knowledge of food safety and VSP;
- To follow and abide by all regulations, policies and procedures;
- Leadership skills, capable of motivation;
- Must be driven to succeed as a chef;
- Applicants must be well presented and have strong leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and prioritise needs;
- Specialist competence, ability to work under stress, reliability, creativity;
- Ability to manage a large volume production schedule and team.