General Practitioner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a General Practitioner to join our team.
- In consultation with patients and in line with evidence-based best clinical practice developing treatment and any associated care plans;
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness;
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems;
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate;
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other healthcare workers;
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Understand the importance of evidence based practice and clinical effectiveness;
- A&E doctor;
- Open and reflective;
- GP Vocational or additional experience in general practice;
- An enthusiastic team player;
- Experience in working in a practice environment;
- Demonstrates clarity in written and spoken communication;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Experienced practitioner of dermatology –eg work as Clinical Assistant in a hospital dermatology department or GPwSI working alongside a Consultant;
- Proactive member of the team;
- Good interpersonal skills, courteous to patients and staff at all times;
- Be on a Medical Performers’ List of a Primary Care Trust in England;
- Hold current medical indemnity from a recognised medical defence organisation;
- GMC Registered GP.