Employment Lawyer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Employment Lawyer to join our team.
- Settlements agreements;
- Managing legal cases following the Lexcel and ISO 9001 quality procedures from inception to completion without direct supervision;
- Advising on legal matters, which are complex, may have a high political profile, and are often highly confidential and sensitive;
- Tribunal litigation;
- To contribute to and provide legal advice on reports prepared for cabinet, council and other committees;
- Employment matters including, employee dispites, employment contracts and transactional support, including TUPE;
- Probably about to qualify in Sept or up to 2 years qualification although, all suitable candidates would be considered;
- To manage case work effectively and in accordance with departmental procedures;
- Support for Team Leader on Respondent work as necessary;
- To represent the Council in meetings with other authorities, government departments and other bodies;
- Ability to work in a pressurised team environment;
- Guiding clients through disciplinary and other proceedings;
- Claimant litigation (mainly) with some advocacy at Preliminary Hearings stage only;
- New claimant advice enquiries;
- Dealing with clients on a day to day basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of law and procedure relating to Employment;
- Ability and willingness to attend tribunals/courts and meetings outside;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with non-lawyers and with lawyers;
- The post holder must be an admitted solicitor, barrister or legal executive or hold an equivalent qualification from another jurisdiction.