Patent Attorney I determines potential of granting patents on inventions or trademarks, and monitors possibility of infringement. Responsible for preparing and filing patent applications and trademark registrations, litigating pending applications and registrations, and reporting possible violations. Being a Patent Attorney I prosecutes violations of organization’s registrations and/or patents. Requires a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school. Additionally, Patent Attorney I requires admittance to a state bar. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Patent Attorney I work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. To be a Patent Attorney I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Patent Attorney Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Patent Attorney to join our team.
- Draft and file new inventions;
- Manage a large patent portfolio, filing new cases and advising the business of IP issues;
- Assist the company’s legal firm in respond to office actions.
- trade mark;
- Electronic Engineering;
- Experience of IP management;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Qualified Patent Attorney;