Principal Medical Writer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Medical Writer to join our team.
- Coach, mentor and lead Medical Writers under your stewardship;
- Contribute to optimising document templates, processes, and participate in cross-functional initiatives as appropriate;
- You’ll personally author core medical writing for regulatory submissions;
- Facilitate interactions with regulatory authorities;
- Developing an efficient and effective grant writing process, building relationships and liaise effectively with internal and external experts;
- Support the development of regulatory submission documentation;
- Write manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals;
- Developing and securing funding for highly technical business ideas through finding and selecting relevant grants;
- Collating and assimilating complex data and information to write high impact, winning grant applications;
- Lead development of conference deliverables.
- Prompt time-keeping;
- Initiative, common sense and a high level of independence;
- Clear communication to team, across departments and to senior management;
- Proactive management of client business;
- Establishing and maintaining professional and productive client relationships;
- Advanced experience in writing across a range of medical communications media without direct supervision;
- Degree (2:1 or better) in a biological or medically related subject, preference for higher degree;
- Usually at least 6 years writing experience in a medical communications agency or similar environment;
- A high degree of financial understanding and management;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including when working under pressure;
- Effective delegation to Senior Medical Writers (SMW), Medical Writers (MW) and Associate Medical Writers (AMW) in the team.